Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pencil Sharpener
    The Fortress of Solitude...Or the fortress right next to the Fortress of Solitude..heheh..
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Bluth View Post
    Dracula was a very interesting project. It was shelved because of story problems. The first pass at the story played Dracula as the hero - a not too sympathetic one, you can imagine, since he went about the city biting people on the neck. We originally thought we could find some form of redemption in this infamous vampire, but we failed. I couldn't help notice, however, that a vampire series called, "Angel," appeared on TV shortly thereafter. scripted by Joss Whedon. Wait a minute, Isn't Joss Whedon the same writer that sat in on the story meetings hired by Fox to write the Dracula script? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.
    That's extremely interesting, Mr. Bluth! Given the usual Vampire mythology, it'd be hard to show Dracula in an heroic light...Unless the story was written as to where the whole story of Dracula was exaggerated due to increasing paranoia? Say like Dracula is the first Vampire, and that he only tries using his gifts for good, but after some sort of horrific mishap, the humans automatically condemn him as an evil entity and the movie would've been him trying to prove them wrong.

"But, Doomed, if it were just about his struggles, who would be a fitting antagonist?" you ask? Well, given what I've written so far, the enemy would be in my opinion one of the toughest enemies you could pit him against: Himself. Like anyone, this confused and conflicted Vampire would surely have a dark side which embraces his powers and tries to assume full moral control of the "hero". So, not only could you focus on a redemption theme, you could also utilize the concept of morals/choices!

Storyboard Artist
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearedoomed View Post
    That's extremely interesting, Mr. Bluth! Given the usual Vampire mythology, it'd be hard to show Dracula in an heroic light...Unless the story was written as to where the whole story of Dracula was exaggerated due to increasing paranoia? Say like Dracula is the first Vampire, and that he only tries using his gifts for good, but after some sort of horrific mishap, the humans automatically condemn him as an evil entity and the movie would've been him trying to prove them wrong.

"But, Doomed, if it were just about his struggles, who would be a fitting antagonist?" you ask? Well, given what I've written so far, the enemy would be in my opinion one of the toughest enemies you could pit him against: Himself. Like anyone, this confused and conflicted Vampire would surely have a dark side which embraces his powers and tries to assume full moral control of the "hero". So, not only could you focus on a redemption theme, you could also utilize the concept of morals/choices!
    30 days of night, was an awesome movie and at the end He himself was a vampire and sacrificed himself.

Pencil Sharpener
    The Fortress of Solitude...Or the fortress right next to the Fortress of Solitude..heheh..
    To be completely honest, I've never seen that movie lol.

Storyboard Artist
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearedoomed View Post
    To be completely honest, I've never seen that movie lol.
    30 days of night is one of the few scary shows I actually like, I thought it was a cool idea to make a film of vampires like that

go watch it! it gets a little too bloody tho lol

Storyboard Artist

Piper short animation...

well, since we're on the topic of unknown projects ......
    I've found this incredible video on YouTube:
    [YOUTUBE]0WHDRFl0rSs[/YOUTUBE]

....I kinda discovered an article that briefly mentions the project here:
    http://www.cataroo.com/DBwalk.html

...well I know that more likely I will be reprimended for stepping on a off-limit topic... but I must at list give it a shot. My question to you mr.Bluth is: how far into production the animation managed to get? ....will you ever disclose more animated clips from this project?....
    Thank you, and sorry for intruding.

Pencil Sharpener
    Quote Originally Posted by johncbeggs View Post
    30 days of night is one of the few scary shows I actually like, I thought it was a cool idea to make a film of vampires like that

go watch it! it gets a little too bloody tho lol
    Don't worry, man. It'll take a lot more then a lil' blood to creep me out lol. I'll be sure to put it on my Netflix at some point.

Just Looking
    Dracula would make an interesting hero, he could of made it more of a parody movie like some of those 80s/90s cartoons do with "old material". Maybe Dracula just had "long teeth" and somehow he tripped on someone and accidently bit them, and after the supposed victim sees blood dripping off their neck and see his long teeth they shout "Vampire"....and it goes on from there.

Yeah wierd ideas but that what happens when your also a writer kind of guy.

I would love to see another Beauty and the Beast since I don't see why Disney would have full control over a book's copyright.

Maybe he could do something like Norse Mythology? It won't be impending on Disney's Hercules line up.

Assistant Animator
    Ahahaha that's a pretty funny take on vampire. Poor guy.

I think the problem with taking on Beauty and the Beast is that many people might frown upon it for perhaps being too close to Disney/ripping off Disney even if they're not. Also that there is a lot to live up to as Beauty and the Beast is arguably one of Disney's best of their renaissance period.

Storyboard Artist
    I heard that The Land Before Time got a pant load of footage cut out of it because it was to frightening and had to much paril and stress for the characters. Any one know if that's true?
    It does have a lot of random and unexplained transitions in it.
    Last edited by Moneyguns; 05-17-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Moderator/Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyguns View Post
    I heard that The Land Before Time got a pant load of footage cut out of it because it was to frightening and had to much paril and stress for the characters. Any one know if that's true?
    It does have a lot of random and unexplained transitions in it.
    Yup Spielberg and Lucas cut out some of the T-rex scenes, it was simply too frightening for the children. I could have handled it!!! This isn't the only movie that had stuff cut from it many others had scenes removed, even Titan A.E. has some deleted scenes on the DVD. It kills me to think that animated scenes get cut, especially when it isn't warranted. The director should be KING of all editing decisions. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. You have to learn to share the power with the other little children.

http://www.cataroo.com/DBland.html